Paul has been named Chicago’s Best Bartender (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015), Chicago Tribune’s Beverage Professional of the Year (2013), Jean Banchet Best Mixologist (2014), and one of Chicago magazine's 100 Most Powerful Chicagoans (2015). As Beverage Director for Land and Sea Dept., Paul also oversees the cocktail and spirits programs at the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel's Milk Room, Cherry Circle Room, and Game Room.
Awards & Press
Since opening in January 2015, Lost Lake has earned:
- Imbibe magazine's Cocktail Bar of the Year (2015)
- a spot amongst the James Beard Award semifinalists for Outstanding Bar Program (2016)
- a spot amongst the top ten finalists for Best New American Cocktail Bar at Tales of the Cocktail's Spirited Awards (2015)
- the #66 position on Drinks International's 51-100 list of World's Best Bars (2015)
- Playboy magazine's Best Neighborhood Bar (2015)
- Chicago magazine's Best New Bar (2016)
- #1 position on Time Out Chicago's list of Best Cocktail Bars in Chicago (2016)
- Chicago Reader's award for Best New Bar, Best Mixologist, and Best Bartender (2015)
- Eater Chicago's Bartender of the Year (2015)
- One of Imbibe magazine's Best Cocktail Bar Instagram feeds (2015)
- Two wildcard competitors at Speed Rack National Finals (Erin Hayes in 2015, Julia Gordon in 2016).